VERO BEACH, Fla. — A deacon at a Vero Beach church was arrested in a prostitution sting .
Peter McBride,78, was charged with soliciting prostitution.
He was a deacon at St. Helen's Catholic Church in Vero Beach.
According to police, McBride was seen entering the East Spa in Vero Beach on Dec. 8, 2018 at 2:39 p.m.
He was observed receiving a sex act while in a massage room.
The Diocese of Palm Beach released the following statement:
Peter McBride is a deacon from Canada and not incardinated in the Diocese of Palm Beach, however he had been given permission to minister while he was here. Since all clergy are fingerprinted before they are given permission to minister, and their fingerprints are retained on file in the event of any legal action involving law enforcement, the Diocese was recently notified by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement that an incident had occurred. The Deacon's permission to perform any public ministry in the Diocese of Palm Beach was immediately rescinded and his home Diocese in Canada was notified.
- Vero Beach deacon arrested in prostitution sting
- Billionaire John Childs, charged with soliciting prostitution, resigns from equity firm
- Law firm files petition to bar release of day spa videos
- New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft faces charges
- NFL issues statement on Robert Kraft
- Could NFL reprimand Patriots owner Robert Kraft?
- How Jupiter detectives gathered evidence in prostitution sting
- Mugshots unlikely for 25 ‘Johns’ picked up in Jupiter sex-trafficking bust
- Billionaire equity firm owner John Childs wanted on sting
- Boyfriend of LPGA star arrested
- Martin County sheriff says 2 women at center of human trafficking
- 3rd suspect arrested in human trafficking/prostitution case
- 165 men charged in Indian River Co. bust
- 'RubMaps.com' helps customers find illicit massage parlors
- Recognizing the signs of human trafficking