New details surfaced Monday about where Orlando gunman Omar Mateen was employed, and many of his jobs have been on the Treasure Coast.
Born in Queens, N.Y., Mateen, 29, moved to Port St. Lucie in 1991. He changed his last name from Seddique to Mateen in 2006. The documents don't say why he changed his name.
Public court records filed for his change of name detail where he worked locally and went to school.
Between 2001 and 2006, he worked at eight jobs, including a Publix grocery store, Circuit City, Chick-Fil-A and a Walgreens drug store.
Then his jobs begin focusing more on vitamins and health. He worked at Nutrition World in Fort Pierce, Gold's Gym and a GNC store at the Treasure Coast Mall in Jensen Beach.
Places of employment include:
- 2002 - Palm City Publix
- 2003 - Jensen Beach Circuit City
- 2004 - Jensen Beach Chick-fil-A
- 2004 - Port St. Lucie Walgreens
- 2005 - Fort Pierce Nutrition World
- 2005 - St. Lucie West Gold’s Gym
- 2006 - Treasure Coast Mall Hollister in Jensen Beach
- 2006 - Treasure Coast Mall GNC in Jensen Beach
- 2006 - Employed at Martin Correctional Institution from Oct. 27, 2006 to April 27, 2007, according to Florida Department of Corrections Press Secretary Alberto C. Moscoso
- 2007 - G4S security company (employed since Sept. 10, 2007, according to G4S Director of Communication Monica Lewman-Garcia) He worked as a G4S security guard at the St. Lucie County Courthouse and used his security badge to access the building for the last time in May 2013.
Also, documents show that Mateen graduated high school from Martin County Adult Vocational School in 2003.
He later graduated from Indian River Community College in 2006.