PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. — St. Lucie Public Schools continue to encourage eligible students to get vaccinated for COVID-19 ahead of the new school year.
Starting Monday, the school district will be teaming up with the Florida Department of Health to host vaccine clinics across several school campuses.
Students ages 12 and older are eligible to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
"We certainly do have parents that are asking about vaccines and where to go and certainly is the convenience in the familiarity with our schools," said Lydia Martin, the chief communications officer with St. Lucie Public Schools.
The clinics are only open to students and staff members.
"They do not need to pre-register," Martin said. "They can just come in and of course they will fill out all the forms."
The second shot clinics will be hosted while school is in session.
"If the parents sign a consent form, they don't need to be present for that second dose," Martin said.
Martin said students and staff who get the vaccine will not need to quarantine if exposed to coronavirus, as long they remain symptom-free.
"This is the best protection that we have against COVID," Martin said.
Below is a list of upcoming dates and locations for vaccine clinics:
- Aug. 2: West Gate K8, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Aug. 4: Palm Pointe K8, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Aug. 5: Southport Middle Gym, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Aug. 5: Forest Grove Middle Gym, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Aug. 6: Sam Gaines Academy, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Aug. 23: West Gate K8, during school day
- Aug. 25: Palm Pointe K8, during school day
- Aug. 26: Southport Middle, during school day
- Aug. 26: Forest Grove Middle, during school day
- Aug. 27: at Sam Gaines Academy, during school day
All students and families are also welcome to get a COVID-19 vaccine at the St. Lucie County Department of Health located at 5150 Northwest Milner Dr. in Port St. Lucie.
Hours at the clinic are 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Click here for a vaccine screening and consent form.
Other St. Lucie County vaccination events will be held at the following locations:
- Bev Smith Toyota, 3350 US 1, Fort Pierce, July 30 from noon to 3:30 p.m. To expedite your visit, download and fill-out the consent form
- Police Athletic League, 2101 SE Tiffany Ave., Port St. Lucie, Aug. 3 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Aug. 5 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Click here to download and fill out the consent form