This page will be updated as information becomes available.
Palm Beach County
- All Palm Beach County public schools will be closed the remainder of this week. Below is a statement from Superintendent Dr. Robert Avossa:
"In the aftermath of a disaster, returning to everyday routines are a critical component to restoring a sense of normalcy to our communities. We know how important our schools are to re-establishing those routines.
Based on reports from my facilities team this morning, and my conversations with leaders at utility company including Florida Power & Light, our schools will not be ready to return to service this week. A majority of schools remain without power or working air conditioning systems. We anticipate reopening schools on Monday, September 18.
Our hope was to reopen schools by Thursday, but it is increasingly clear that there will not be power for a majority of our facilities.
We know that crews are working overtime to restore electricity to our schools and buildings, but we have no guarantee that power will be restored to all our schools in enough time to reopen this week.
I want to assure everyone that we will not take time from previously scheduled holidays, including our time at Thanksgiving and Winter Break, to make up for these days that have been missed.
If the schools have the electricity, we will be ready to greet everyone on Monday."
- Atlantic Christian Academy closed through Wednesday, September 13.
- FAU All classes remain canceled and will resume Monday, Sept. 18; a make-up plan for lost instructional time will be developed. Jupiter and Boca Raton residential students can begin returning to their residence halls at 9 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 13; food service will be available to residential students. All faculty and staff are to report per their normal schedules on Thursday, Sept. 14
- Lake Worth Christian School closed through Wednesday.
- Lynn University classes and on campus activities will remain closed until further notice.
- Nova Southeastern University classes resumes Monday, Sept. 18. Faculty and staff are encouraged to return Friday, Sept. 15. Residential students are welcome to return 8:00 a.m. Friday, Sept. 15.
- Palm Beach State College will reopen for classes and business on Monday, Sept. 18. Additional updates will be provided via PBSC alerts, social media & the web
Indian River County
The School District of Indian River County will reopen schools and resume normal operations on Monday, Sept. 18.
Schools will remain closed through Friday. Will reopen on Monday, Sept. 18.
- All before-school and after-school activities, including Extended Day, and athletic events are canceled on these days as well.
- They will continue to monitor the weather and update you daily through social media and the District’s website. Follow the District on Facebook or Twitter at @MCSDFlorida.
- Parents and guardians will receive emergency phone calls or text messages using the contact information provided to your school.
St. Lucie Public Schools and district offices closed will remain closed on Thursday, Sept. 14 and Friday, Sept. 15. Extracurricular and sports activities have also been suspended.
- All Okeechobee County Public Schools will return to class Friday, Sept. 15. All schools have power.
- Diocese of Palm Beach Catholic Schools click here for latest info from the Diocese
- Rosarian Academy closed will be closed through Friday and will reopen on Monday, Sept. 18.
- Renaissance Charter School of St Lucie and Renaissance Charter at Tradition will follow the St. Lucie School District school schedule for closures from Hurricane Irma
- Berean Christian schools closed Monday and Tuesday
- Gulf Stream School will be closed Thursday and Friday.
- Lake Park Baptist closed through Friday, Sept. 15. Classes will resume on Monday, September 18, 2017.
- Liberty Baptist Academy in Fort Pierce will be open on Thursday, September 14.
- Oxbridge Academy closed through Wednesday
- St. Anastasia Catholic School in Fort Pierce will remain closed through Monday, Sept. 18.
- Palm Beach Day closed until further notice
- Pine Crest Preparatory School - Boca Raton and Fort Lauderdale campuses will remain closed through Wednesday
- John Carroll High School will be closed through Friday, Sept. 15.
- The Benjamin School will remain closed through Friday, Sept. 15 and will reopen on Monday, Sept. 18, 2017.
- The King's Academy and preschool closed Monday and Tuesday
- Oakstone Academy Palm Beach will remain closed through Wednesday.
- American Heritage School in Plantation and Boca/Delray now plans to open on Monday, September 18, 2017
- Score Academy - Boca Raton and Palm Beach Gardens campuses will open on Thursday, Sept. 14.
- Ephesus Christian Child Care Center, located at 1400 Palm Beach Lake Blvd., closed until further notice
COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
EVERGLADES U. Closed through Tuesday
Florida Atlantic University classes canceled until Sept. 18. Students can return to Boca/Jupiter dorms Sept. 13 at 9 a.m. A "food service" will be offered.
University of Florida closed through Wednesday
Florida State closed through Friday
Palm Beach Atlantic classes canceled through Wednesday, online classes suspended
FAMU Closed through Friday
FIU Closed Monday
FGCU Closed through Friday
IRSC closed Monday
KEISER closed through Tuesday
LYNN closed until further notice
PBSC closed until further notice
UCF closed through Wednesday