CLAY COUNTY, Fla. — A Florida family is starting the new year looking for a new place to live after fire crews said fireworks burned down their home overnight.
Clay County Fire Rescue said they responded to a fire at a house in Oakleaf at 1:25 a.m. Friday.
Officials said four people were at home at the time of the fire, but everyone was able to escape without injuries.
Firefighters said hot fireworks were disposed of in a garage trash can, causing the blaze.
Crews said the family is working with the Red Cross for temporary housing.
Firefighters determined the cause to be hot fireworks disposed of in a garage trash can. The family is working with the Red Cross for temporary housing.— Clay County Fire Rescue (@ClayFireRescue) January 1, 2021