DELRAY BEACH, Fla. — Grocery shoppers in Delray Beach will soon have a new option for all of their organic food needs.
Whole Foods is opening a new 41,000 square-foot store located at 680 Linton Blvd. on Jan. 29 at 9 a.m.
Customers on opening day will be served complimentary coffee, small bites from local suppliers and music before the store opens.
Also, the first 500 guests will receive a Whole Foods Market Delray Beach reusable shopping bag and a $5 savings card. One customer will also receive a $500 savings card.
“We can’t wait to welcome the Delray Beach community into their new Whole Foods Market,” said Store Team Leader Jan Vandervort said in a news release. “We’re working hard to create a relaxed, inviting atmosphere that our neighbors will love, and we look forward to providing this community with a wide selection of accessible, high quality and innovative products, as well as a variety of local items that are exclusive to Whole Foods Market.”
Whole Foods said other features of the new store include the following:
- Fresh produce department featuring seasonal fruits and vegetables, including selections from 15 local growers and a range of items with Whole Foods Market’s Whole Trade Guarantee, which supports suppliers that are committed to ethical trade, working conditions and the environment.
- Seafood counter featuring locally sourced, fresh seafood offerings such as Key West pink shrimp, spiny lobster tail and whole yellow tail snapper, as well as made-in-house options including key lime shrimp, marinated salmon fillets and Tuscan salmon meatballs.
- Full-service butcher offering made in-house sausages, dry-aged beef and ready-to-cook options including marinated burgers and seasoned kabobs, as well as local ground beef, ribeye steaks and strip steaks.
- Bakery department offering an array of freshly baked cakes and pies made in-house, as well as artisan breads, gourmet cakes and items for special diets.
- Specialty foods section featuring a variety of natural wines and freshly cut cheeses, as well as an assortment of chocolates and other items from local suppliers; the cheese selection is overseen by an in-store American Cheese Society Certified Cheese Professional who can offer expertise and recommendations for any request or occasion.
- Selection of about 100 beers and 800 wines, including options from local producers.
- Prepared foods section featuring a salad bar, 24 seasonally rotating soups, Neapolitan and Detroit style pizza, rotisserie chickens, plant-based entrées, sushi and a full-service charcuterie case.
- Full-service coffee and juice bar offering a variety of cold brew, espresso, Cuban coffee and cold-pressed juices on tap.
- Beauty, body care and home goods section featuring products from more than 20 local suppliers, some of which are exclusive to Whole Foods Market; from opening day through Feb. 2, all wellness and beauty products at the Delray Beach store will be 25% off, including protein, probiotics, face care, makeup and more.
This will be the fifth Whole Foods Market in Palm Beach County, joining stores located in West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Wellington and Palm Beach Gardens.