DELRAY BEACH, Fla. — A woman and her two daughters are looking for another place to live after their home went up in flames on Friday.
Delray Beach Fire said the fire broke out at a house in the 300 block of NW 4th Avenue.
The victim told WPTV she and her daughters, one of whom has special needs, can no longer live in the home.
"My heart just dropped," said the homeowner, Latonya, who did not want to give her last name. "I’ll start over. I work, so it is OK."
Fire officials said the family wasn't hurt, but a police officer was taken to the hospital for possible smoke inhalation.
Firefighters are trying to figure out what sparked the blaze. A witness said two men were underneath the front porch before the fire started.
"We do have witnesses that state they saw two gentlemen on the carport," said Fire Chief Keith Tomey. "They suspect they have started a small fire there."
A house fire in Delray has the EB lanes of Lake Ida closed for the next 30 mins.— Miranda Christian (@MirandaWPTV) May 3, 2019
The homeowner lives here with her two daughters. They cannot stay in the home.
Delray Fire looking at the cause, witness say two men under the porch before the fire started. pic.twitter.com/oXH0bE7G3w