A 19-year-old woman faces multiple charges after Vero Beach police said she crashed into a building at a high rate of speed early Tuesday morning.
At 2:30 a.m., officers received a call about a white sport-utility vehicle speeding northbound on U.S. 1 near 17th Street.
While officers were headed to the area, police dispatch received a call about a vehicle crashing through "On Site Window Tinting" located at 770 21st St.
The responding officers were advised that someone was seen running from the crash scene.
Officers later found the female driver, identified as Chandler Rose Foster, 19, and a passenger, Ryan Soucie, 23, at 20th Place and U.S. 1.
Police said Foster admitted to driving her white Cadillac SUV northbound on U.S. 1 in excess of 100 mph before losing control and crashing into the building.
Soucie confirmed that Foster was driving in excess of 100 mph before the wreck.
Police said the business sustained a significant amount of damage.
Officers found an open alcohol container, marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Foster was administered a breath sample which registered at 0.172.
She faces the following charges:
- Driving under the influence with property damage
- Leaving the scene of an accident with property damage
- Reckless driving, possession of alcohol by a person under 21
- Possession of marijuana under 20 grams
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Cited for a possession of an open container in a vehicle