NewsRegion C Palm Beach County

Actions

Worker on roof shocked by live wire, rushed to hospital in Palm Beach County

Posted: 11:03 AM, Jun 10, 2019
Updated: 2019-06-10 15:48:15Z
WPTV-PBC-SHOCK-HOUSE-2.jpg
WPTV-PBC-SHOCK-HOUSE.jpg

PALM BEACH COUNTY, Fla. — A worker was taken to the hospital on Monday morning after he was shocked by a live wire, officials say.

According to Palm Beach County Fire Rescue, crews responded to the 800 block of Jamaican Drive in suburban West Palm Beach at 10:19 a.m. for a possible electrocution.

Firefighters said a worker on the roof of a home had touched a live wire and was shocked.

Fire crews removed him from the roof and took him to a local trauma hospital. His condition is unknown.