NewsRegion C Palm Beach CountyWest Palm Beach


Man arrested in Jupiter after home invasion, carjacking in West Palm Beach

Brief lockdown lifted at Palm Beach Atlantic University
Posted at 3:37 PM, Sep 22, 2021
and last updated 2021-09-22 18:05:56-04

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — Police in Jupiter said a man is in custody following a crime spree Wednesday afternoon in West Palm Beach that included a home invasion and carjacking.

Officers responded to a report of a home invasion just before 1:45 p.m. at a home located in the 700 block of Bradley St.

West Palm Beach Assistant Police Chief Tameca West said a man, later identified as Marcos Duquesne, 33, ran into a house brandishing a gun and demanded money and car keys.

West said the suspect was able to leave the home in the victim's blue Mercedes.

Investigators believe Duquesne then carjacked a gray Mercedes just before 2 p.m. in the 400 block of Ardmore Road.

Shortly thereafter, police said the suspect attempted to carjack a red Dodge but wasn't successful.

West Palm Beach home invasion, carjacking on Sept. 22, 2021
Police responded to a crime spree that included a home invasion, stolen vehicle and carjacking.

West said the man then drove to the 1400 block of Alabama Ave. where he forced a Fed Ex driver to drive to Jupiter.

Jupiter police later said officers responded to Jupiter Beach Park at 2:55 p.m. in reference to an armed person who had discharged a firearm multiple times.

Jupiter police and their SWAT team responded to the area and took Duquesne into custody without incident.

Officials in Jupiter said they believe he is connected to the incidents in West Palm Beach and also Lake Worth.

Police said no one was injured in these incidents.

Brief lockdown at PBAU

A brief lockdown was also lifted at Palm Beach Atlantic University after a report of an armed individual near campus.

The school tweeted a message just after 3 p.m. regarding a "possible armed individual" who was spotted at the intersection of Jefferson Road and Dixie Highway.

The school said all buildings along Dixie Highway were placed on lockdown. A second tweet a short time later said a full lockdown of the campus was in effect at 3:04 p.m.

However, at 3:22 p.m. the school said that the lockdown had been lifted, and there was "no danger on or near campus."