PALM BEACH COUNTY, Fla. — In this week's dirty dining, two Palm Beach County restaurants were recently shut down temporarily by health inspectors.
Anzo, located at 330 Clematis St. in West Palm Beach, was closed for a few hours last week when inspectors found "live, small flying insects in kitchen, food preparation area, or food storage area."
During an Oct. 22 inspection, health officials found seven high-priority violations.
The report said about 25 live flies were found at a "front pasta station cooler, landing on cooler, take out containers above cooler, surrounding walls, empty pasta well and squeeze bottle of water."
About 10 live flies were spotted landing on the soda machine levers and fruit juice dispenser containers. Other dead flies were found in the men's and women's restroom. Also, around a dozen flies were found on the walls in the dining room, and around 10 flies on the lights hanging over tables in dining room,
The report said the light covers over the tables in the dining room were "filled with approximately 80 dead flies."
Other high-priority violations reported included food being held at improper temperatures, causing a potential hazard.
An inspection was conducted on Oct. 23 at Anzo, and no violations were found.
RELATED: More Dirty Dining stories
Hungry Howie's Pizza and Subs, located on 5 SW Ave. D in Belle Glade, was closed because of rodents.
During an Oct. 23 inspection, officials found rodents in the storage room and droppings in the kitchen.
The report said around 48 rodent droppings were found in a storage room, about 36 rodent droppings were spotted near a mixer in the kitchen, 24 droppings were found along a wall near a sink and around 12 droppings were found on a water heater.
The inspection said antifreeze was found on a shelf with service items, causing a potential for cross contamination.
A total of seven high-priority violations were found along with 18 basic violations.
The restaurant was closed for two days until it was cleaned and allowed to reopen on Oct. 25.