Congratulations to Chief Meteorologist Steve Weagle on his record-breaking Ride for the Red Cross.
For the 21st year, Steve spent five days riding a bicycle from Sebastian to Boca Raton to mark the beginning of hurricane season and raise awareness of the American Red Cross.
This year he raised $164,244 during his five-day ride.
This was probably one of the hottest years for the ride with temperatures in the high 80s and low 90s every day, making for some difficult conditions for the 120-mile trek.
The ride involves all of the departments at WPTV, and Steve wanted to thank everyone for making this a success.
You can also text "weagleride" to 41411 to make a donation to the Red Cross.
Below is a recap of his ride from northern Indian River County to southern Palm Beach County:
- Steve Weagle thanks Producer Tom Kastanotis for helping with the Ride for the Red Cross
- Steve Weagle receives a $20,000 check from the Lee Pearlson Steinberg Foundation
- Steve Weagle picks up a donation of $5,000 from NCCI Cares
- Steve Weagle receives a donation of $2,500 from Lang Realty
- Steve Weagle arrives at Mizner Park
- Steve picks up a $10,000 donation from Office Depot
- Steve Weagle receives a $2,000 donation from Good Greek Moving & Storage
- Steve Weagle receives a donation of $2,500 from Kaufman Lynn Construction
- Al Fresco restaurant in Palm Beach donates $2,500 to the Red Cross
- Mercedes of Palm Beach donates $68,144 to the Red Cross
- Power Generation donates $3,000 to the Red Cross
- Marine Industries Association donates $5,000 to the Red Cross
- Steve picks up a $500 donation from Airtab/Perfect Vodka
- Harry and the Natives in Hobe Sound donates $2,500 to the Red Cross
- Marc Gaylord donates $2,500
- Steve picks up a $1,500 donation from Bayview Construction
- Steve arrives in Martin County
- Steve picks up a $2,500 donation from Hoskins, Turko, Lloyd and Lloyd law firm in Fort Pierce on Day 2 of his ride:
- Costa d'Este donates $1,250 to the Red Cross
- Steve rode 25 miles on his first day Monday, starting in Sebastian and finishing in Vero Beach. At the Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa, he was presented a $1,250 donation from the Gloria Estefan Foundation to the American Red Cross:
- Steve begins his ride at Mulligan’s Beach House in Sebastian, picks up $2,500 donation: