Check here for openings/closings involving government offices and other facilities in South Florida due to Hurricane Dorian.
PALM BEACH COUNTY:
* The Palm Beach County has lifted the mandatory evacuation notice for the town of Palm Beach, effective at 4 p.m. Tuesday. For security purposes, police checkpoints will remain in place at all entrances of the town until 6 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 4. The town is now in Phase III for re-Entry, which means only residents, business owners and verified employees will have access to the town. At 6 a.m. Wednesday, all checkpoints will be removed and full access to the island will be granted to everyone.
* All court activities have been suspended until Thursday, Sept. 5 at 8 a.m. Jury duty service will also resume on Thursday, Sept. 5. Jurors summoned for jury duty may call 561-355-2930 or 1-888-780-5032 for information regarding their service.
* Palm Beach County shelters have ceased operations.
* Palm Beach County offices are closed on Wednesday, September 4, and will resume normal operations on Thursday, September 5.
* Palm Beach County Public schools will be closed through Wednesday, September 4. Schools reopen Thursday.
* All Palm Beach County court activities have been suspended through Wednesday, September 4.
* The Clerk & Comptroller’s Office is closed Wednesday and will reopen Thursday, September 5.
* The Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation Department is reopening all county-operated parks and boat ramps after conducting safety inspections following the effects of the storm, effective 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 4. Parks with beaches will be unguarded and county offices and recreational facilities will remain closed until Thursday, Sept. 5.
* Palm Beach County Libraries are closed and bookmobile services suspended until further notice. All scheduled library activities through September 7 have been canceled. http://www.pbclibrary.org/ [pbclibrary.org]
* Palm Beach International Airport resumed regular operations early Wednesday, September 4. All PBIA parking lots are open to the public. Check flights here: http://www.pbia.org/about/[pbia.org]
* Palm Tran has resumed full regular service Wednesday, September 4.
* Solid Waste Authority: Regular trash collection will resume Wednesday, September 4. All Solid Waste Authority facilities will be open for normal operation. This means that garbage, recyclables, yard waste and bulk waste collection can resume on regularly scheduled days.
* Brightline will resume service on Wednesday, Sept. 4 with $10 fares through Sunday, Sept. 8.
* All Boca Raton beaches, parks and facilities, including City Hall, will remain closed Tuesday. The citizen information hotline will be closing Monday at 7 p.m. but will reopen Tuesday at 10 a.m. with limited hours. There is no sanitation service Tuesday.
* Town of Palm Beach: The county has lifted the mandatory evacuation notice for the Town of Palm Beach, effective at 4 p.m. Tuesday. For security purposes, police checkpoints will remain in place at all entrances of the Town until 6 a.m., Wednesday, Sept. 4. Only residents, business owners, and verified employees will have access to the town. At 6 a.m. Wednesday, all checkpoints will be removed and full access to the island will be granted to everyone.
*Town of Palm Beach offices will re-open Wednesday, September 4, for regular business and Public Works services will resume normal operations. The Par 3 Golf Course will be open as well but all Town beaches, parks and tennis center remain closed until further notice.
* Good Samaritan Medical Center is open and accepting patients. The emergency department at Good Samaritan Medical Center and the off-campus emergency department, located at 5028 Okeechobee Boulevard in West Palm Beach are now open. Patients that were evacuated due to Hurricane Dorian are being transferred back to our hospital on Wednesday morning. Elective surgical cases will resume on Thursday.
* Palm Tran will resume fixed-route bus service on a normal weekday schedule, Wednesday, Sept. 4. Palm Tran Connection will be operating for essential trips only. The call center will be staffed starting Wednesday for the bus system at (561) 841-4287. Riders should monitor Palm Tran on Facebook and Twitter for other announcements.
* Garbage collection to resume in unincorporated Palm Beach County on Wednesday. All Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County facilities will open for normal operation Wednesday, Sept 4.
* Waste Management will resume its normal garbage pickup services for the Village of Tequesta on Thursday, September 5.
* The City of West Palm Beach will resume normal operations on Thursday, September 5, 2019.
* West Palm Beach sanitation services for residential and commercial pickup will resume on Wednesday, Sept. 4. Officials say to take your garbage to the curb on your regular scheduled pickup day. The Sanitation Division will follow the regular schedule.
* West Palm Beach City Hall, Mandel Public Library, Vickers House and all Parks & Recreation facilities will be closed on Wednesday, September 4, 2019.
* The Palm Beach Zoo will reopen on Friday, Sept. 6.
* Lion Country Safari is planning to open Wednesday, Sept. 4 at 10 a.m. with the drive-through safari operating as normal.
*Morikami Museum & Japanese Gardens in Delray Beach will resume regular operations on Friday, September 6 at 10 a.m.
*City of Palm Beach Gardens City Hall is open for business on Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 8:00 a.m. All scheduled programming for City Recreation is canceled and facilities are closed to the public. Riverside Youth Enrichment Center will remain closed to the general public until public schools reopen.
* All Publix stores in Palm Beach, Martin, Indian River, Okeechobee and St. Lucie counties are open Wednesday.
* Costco on Northlake is open
* U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) West Palm Beach field office and Application Support Center will be open and will resume normal operations on Thursday, Sept. 5.
* Mandatory evacuation has been lifted for the Town of Juno Beach.
* Juno Beach Pier closed until further notice.
* All Palm Beach County Library System locations will close at end of business on Fri, Aug. 30, and will remain closed until further notice. No fines will be due while the Library is closed. All activities taking place Aug. 31 through Sept. 7 are canceled. The bookmobile will be out of service midday Friday through Sept. 7.
* South County Mental Health Center, Inc. will be open for normal business hours beginning Wednesday, Sept. 4 at 8 a.m.
* Cleveland Clinic Florida’s Tomsich Health and Wellness Center, located in Rosemary Square (CityPlace) West Palm Beach and the Palm Beach Gardens medical office will be closed on Tuesday, Sept 3. Patients of Cleveland Clinic Florida can call the Cleveland Clinic Florida Patient Hotline a 1-800-546-4138 or visit their website.
* Planet Kids at Wellington will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 3
* Central Baptist Preschool is closed Monday and Tuesday
* LSF Palm Beach Head Start and Early Head Start as well as PEPPI Head Start in Belle Glade will remain closed through Tuesday, Sept. 3 as we prepare for the arrival of Hurricane Dorian. We are asking for the media’s helps in spreading the message so parents don’t make an unnecessary trip to any of our head start centers and can prepare accordingly.
* All branches of Gold Coast Federal Credit Union will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 3.
* All Early Learning Coalition of PBC offices will reopen Thursday 9/5. Please refer towww.ELCpalmbeach.org for more info.
* My Community Pharmacy in Wellington is open.
* Morikami Museum & Japanese Gardens in Delray Beach will resume regular operations on Friday, Sept. 6 at 10 a.m.
* All Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County locations will be open Thursday, Sept. 5 during regular operating hours.
* Tri-County Animal Rescue will reopen on Thursday, Sept. 5.
* Stuart city offices will open and normal business hours will resume beginning Wednesday, Sept. 4.
* As of Tuesday, September 3, the Jensen Beach and Stuart Causeways have been reopened.
* Martin County beaches remain closed due to dangerous conditions with high surf & rip currents.
*All beaches and county parks are closed until further notice. Facilities will reopen as soon as possible and the public will be notified.
*The mandatory Martin County evacuation order for zone A & B has been lifted.
*Water has been restored to Hutchinson Island as of Tuesday, September 3. A boil water advisory for Hutchinson Island is in effect until further notice.
*Curbside trash and recycle pick up for Martin County will resume on Thursday, September 5, and will follow the normal pick up schedule.
* All branches of the Martin County Library system will reopen on Thursday, Sept. 5.
*Cleveland Clinic Martin South Hospital to normal operations at 7 p.m. Tuesday. Cleveland Clinic Tradition Hospital and Cleveland Clinic Martin North Hospital remain fully operational. Cleveland Clinic Martin Health outpatient locations will resume normal operations Wednesday, Sept. 4.
* North Stuart Baptist Church, 950 NW Federal Highway, has canceled services for Sunday, Sept. 1.
* Until further notice, the Stuart city courtesy (floating) docks have been closed for safety considerations of impacts from Hurricane Dorian. The city also asks resident and visitors to avoid use of the downtown Riverwalk as winds and rain increase.
*The City of Stuart has ended emergency response operations relating to Hurricane Dorian. City offices will open and normal business hours will resume beginning tomorrow, Wednesday, September 4th.
ST. LUCIE COUNTY
* Mandatory evacuation for residents on North and South Hutchinson Island, those living in low-lying coastal areas and manufactured home will be lifted as of 6:00 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 4. Entry to the barrier islands will continue to be limited to residents and business owners. Hutchinson Island will be open to the general public starting 6:00 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 4. Heavy surf and rip currents will be in effect for several days. Residents and visitors should only enter the Atlantic Ocean at your own risk, as St Lucie County Ocean Rescue will not be lifeguarding beaches until Thursday, Sept. 5.
*All St. Lucie County Board of County Commissioners offices, including libraries and special facilities, as well as the Clerk of the Court, Courthouse, Property Appraiser, Supervisor of Elections and Tax Collector will be closed through Wednesday, Sept. 4, as crews conduct damage assessments and unshutters buildings. Offices, including libraries and special facilities such as the Oxbow Eco-Center, Fairwinds Golf Course, St. Lucie County Aquarium and Regional Historical Center will return to normal hours on Thursday. All St. Lucie County Branch Libraries will open at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 5. Overdue fines did not accrue during the closure, and will not accrue through Tuesday, Sept. 10. The St. Lucie County’s Code Compliance meeting for Wednesday, Sept. 4 has been canceled.
* St. Lucie County courts will reopen for regular operations at 9 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 5.
*The City of Fort Pierce offices and facilities will be closed Wednesday, Sept. 4, reopening on Thursday, Sept. 5.
*St. Lucie Public Schools (SLPS) will remain closed through Wednesday, Sept. 4. Schools will reopen Thursday, Sept. 5. Parents, students and staff are asked to refer to the SLPS web page, social media outlets, School Messenger and local media partners for updates.
*Indian River State College (IRSC) will remain closed on Wednesday, Sept. 4. IRSC will plan to reopen for normal business on Thursday, Sept. 5
*The Port St. Lucie City Hall will be open during regular business hours on Wednesday, Sept. 4, beginning at 8 a.m. with the exception of the Saints Golf Course.
*All St. Lucie County beaches, parks and preserves are closed and will reopen on Wednesday, Sept. 4 once crews have checked for damage assessments. Lifeguards will return to the beaches on Thursday, Sept. 5.
*The St. Lucie County landfill will reopen Thursday, Sept. 5. Waste Pro will resume normal operations on Thursday, Sept. 5 beginning at 7 a.m. Only put out what is scheduled for pick up on Thursday. Please keep yard debris separated from other non-vegetative debris such as wood, metal etc. Do not place anything else roadside. It will not be recovered and will only hamper recovery operations.
*St. Lucie County shelters have begun deactivation Tuesday afternoon, but will remain open until Wednesday, Sept. 4 at 6 a.m. As of 3 p.m. today, 406 residents were still in shelters.
Special Needs Shelter - Havert L. Fenn, 2000 Virginia Ave, Fort Pierce, FL 34982
Pet-Friendly Shelter - Fort Pierce Westwood Prep Academy, 1801 Panther Lane, Fort Pierce, FL 34947
• Fort Pierce Central High School, 4101 S 25th St., Fort Pierce, FL 34981
• Lakewood Park Elementary, 7800 Indrio Rd, Fort Pierce, FL 34951
• Treasure Coast High School, 1000 SW Darwin Blvd, Port St. Lucie, FL 34953
* St Lucie County Mosquito Control operations, including fogging and other treatments, will resume operations once the winds subside and weather permits. St Lucie County reminds residents to do their part in reducing breeding areas, including practicing the "tip and toss" method of emptying containers that collect standing water around their homes and yards.
INDIAN RIVER COUNTY:
*As of 3 p-m 9/3/19
The mandatory evacuation has been lifted.
The following shelters are open
Treasure Coast Elementary, 8955 85th Street – Special Needs Shelter
Liberty Magnet Elementary, 6580 81st Street – Pet Friendly Shelter
Fellsmere Elementary, 50 N. Cypress Street – General Population
Sebastian River Middle, 9400 CR 512 – General Population
Freshman Learning Center, 1507 19th Street – General Population
Oslo Middle School, 480 20th Ave SW – General Population
*GARBAGE AND RECYCLING SERVICE:
The Indian River County Landfill and all five Customer Convenient Centers are scheduled to open at 7:00 am tomorrow. Normal work schedule at all facilities. Commercial and Residential Garbage / Yard Waste Services to resume tomorrow, Wednesday, September 4, 2019. Recycling Services Suspended Under Further Notice. Visit www.ircrecycles.com for more information. Collection schedules: http://www.ircrecycles.com/dorian-schedule.pdf
*COUNTY GOVT OFFICES:
County Government offices under the Board of County Commissioners:
Closed Tues Sept 3rd. Will reopen normal hours Wed Sept 4th.
City of Sebastian: Will reopen normal hours Wed Sept 4th.
City of Vero Beach: Will reopen normal hours Wed Sept 4th.
City of Fellsmere: Will reopen normal hours Wed Sept 4th.
Tax Collector: Closed until further notice.
Property Appraiser: Closed Wednesday 9/4 and will reopen Thursday 9/5
Clerk of Court and Courthouse: Closed until further notice.
Sheriffs Office: Open (Admin offices closed Wed 9/4)
Supervisor of Elections: Closed until further notice.
iG Center: Will reopen normal hours Wed Sept 4th.
North County Aquatic: Will reopen normal hours Wed Sept 4th.
Gifford Aquatic Center: Will reopen normal hours Wed Sept 4th.
Sandridge Golf Course: Will reopen normal hours Thurs Sept 5th.
Shooting Range: Will reopen normal hours Thursday Sept 5
County Beaches remain closed until Thursday Sept 5
GoLine will reopen normal hours Wed Sept 4th.
Reopen September 6. indianriverschools.org
Emergency Information Center (EIC) Hotline 772-226-4000 (8am-10pm)
Price Gouging Hotline: 1-866-9NOSCAM
The Sebastian River Medical Center will reopen Tuesday, Sept. 3 at 7:00 p.m. At that time, Sebastian River Medical Center will be fully operational, including the Emergency Department which has remained open throughout the storm to serve patients requiring emergency care. Patients who were transferred on Monday to other facilities will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and will either remain at the current facility or be transferred back to Sebastian River Medical Center for continuation of care.
*The City of Okeechobee will reopen on Wednesday, September 4th at 8:00 a.m
*All County Parks are closed to the public, effective immediately, until further notice.
*Waste Management will resume residential garbage collection on Wednesday, Sept. 4, weather permitting.
*The Wednesday, Sept. 4 collection will include Monday and Tuesday residential route customers only.
*The Thursday, Sept. 5 collection will include Wednesday residential route customers only.
*The Friday, Sept. 6 collection will include Thursday residential route customers only.
*The Saturday, Sept. 7 collection,will include Friday residential route customers only.
*The curbside recycling collection will resume on Monday, Sept. 9.
FLL airport plans to resume operations after noon Tuesday September 3, 2019. Check with you airline for up-to-the minute information.
Broward County public schools will reopen on Wed., Sept. 4.
*All Miami-Dade County Public Schools, including night and adult programs and district offices will reopen Wednesday, September 4, 2019.