NewsWorld

Actions

Interior minister: 26 dead in club explosion in Bucharest

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WPTV.png
Posted at 7:30 PM, Oct 30, 2015
and last updated 2015-10-30 19:30:53-04

BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) — Romania's interior minister says an explosion in a Bucharest nightclub has left 26 people dead and 88 hospitalized with injuries.

Interior Minister Gabriel Oprea said the explosion occurred Friday night at a club in downtown Bucharest, a city of 3 million people.

Digi 24 television station cited witnesses who say the explosion came after a spark on a stage where a band was performing ignited some of the polystyrene decor.

Oprea arrived at the Colectiv club. The ministry says there were 60 ambulances and fire engines sent to the scene and a mobile hospital had been set up outside.

Tokyo Olympics Medal Count as of morning of July 24, 2021