(WJXT/CNN) - A Florida teen was bitten by two snakes while mowing a lawn near Jacksonville last week.
Two marks remain on the back of 17-year old Connor Stoll's leg, where he says snakes bit him on the calf while mowing a lawn Wednesday morning.
"I fell to the ground and I went over .... to our truck and just sat there and tried to stop the bleeding from my leg," said Stoll. "They're not sure, but they suspect it's some sort of rattlesnake because of how high it bit me up on my leg."
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission says 7,000 to 8,000 people in the U.S. are bitten by venomous snakes every year.
According to the FWC, you should avoid walking in tall grassy areas unless you are wearing tall leather boots.
"Watch out for snakes and don't mess with them because it's a pain. It hurts a ton, and you just don't want to mess with them," said Stoll.
Stoll has owned his own lawn service since he was 10 years old.
Although he's still recovering, he says the snakes won’t keep him from mowing lawns.
Doctors told Stoll that he didn't get sick because venom from the snakes never entered his body.
Courtesy WJXT via CNN Newsource