SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in Sarasota, Florida say a mother passed out in a convenience store bathroom after overdosing on heroin in front of her 4-year-old child.
The Sarasota Herald-Tribune reported Tuesday that 30-year-old Amanda Riley faces a charge of felony child neglect.
The Sarasota Sheriff's Office says Riley and the child arrived at the WaWa store Friday night and headed straight to the bathroom.
About five minutes later, a store manager found Riley unresponsive on the bathroom floor and the child crying.
The manager carried the child outside and called authorities.
The child was later placed in the custody of relatives.
The Sheriff's Office says Riley admitted to buying heroin and injecting it in the bathroom.