Over-chlorinated pool hospitalizes child

Posted at 9:02 AM, Mar 16, 2016

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Officials say a child has been hospitalized after swimming in an over-chlorinated pool at an Orlando apartment complex.

Local media outlets report the incident happened Tuesday at the Waterford East Apartments.

Orange County Fire-Rescue spokeswoman Kat Kennedy says five children between the ages of four and 11 were coughing and vomiting after swimming in the pool at the complex.

Emergency crews responded to the scene and found that the pool had too much chlorine in it.

One child was taken to the hospital for treatment. The child's condition wasn't immediately available.