JACKSONVILLE, Fla.-- 10 people, including five children, are hospitalized after being exposed to carbon monoxide.
Authorities in Jacksonville say they were inside an apartment where a charcoal grill was being used.
Firefighters were called to the apartment just after 4 a-m in response to a sick person.
When they arrived they found several lethargic people.
Crews quickly pulled out gas meters only to find "extremely high" levels of carbon monoxide in the apartment.
High carbon monoxide levels were also found inside two adjoining apartments.
This grill was outside of the apartment where firefighters responded to a carbon monoxide case this morning. JFRD says a charcoal grill was used indoors. Was not able to confirm if this is the same one involved. @FCN2go pic.twitter.com/8r1j3Oh9TW— Alex Osiadacz (@AlexOsiadacz) January 3, 2020