News

Actions

Woman injured in Port St. Lucie house fire

Posted at 7:19 AM, Dec 30, 2015
and last updated 2015-12-30 14:38:36-05

A Port St. Lucie family is receiving assistance from the Red Cross after a fire at their home early Wednesday morning.

St. Lucie County fire investigators said the blaze started by accident just after midnight, but they are not providing any further details about the cause. 

The fire was contained to the dining room area, but investigators said there is smoke damage throughout the home.

A man, woman and three young children were inside the house when the fire broke out.

Neighbors told paramedics the woman was passed out in the front yard, likely from smoke inhalation, before medical personnel arrived.

She was taken to the hospital in good condition.

Fire Rescue said the Department of Children’s Services is now involved in the investigation.