You can get free help on your taxes starting Tuesday at the Fort Pierce public library. Volunteers from AARP will be on hand to help.
You don't need to make a reservation, but it is a first-come first-serve basis, and you need to make less than 54,000 a year.
The library is located at 101 Melody Lane. Tax help is occurring at the location on March 1, 8, 15 and 22 from 9 a.m. to noon.
Free tax help will also be offered at several other locations in St. Lucie County:
* United Against Poverty (formerly Harvest Outreach Food Bank), 2520 Orange Ave., Fort Pierce: Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. 772-468-8543
* Indian River State College (Fort Pierce campus / Room Y-102), 3209 Virginia Ave., Fort Pierce: Wednesdays from 2 to 7 p.m. 772-462-4772
* Knights of Columbus, 451 Ravenswood Lane, Port St. Lucie: Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. - noon. 772-785-8257
* Lakewood Park Branch Library, 7605 Santa Barbara Drive, Fort Pierce: Tuesdays from 1-3 p.m., Wednesdays from 5-7 p.m., Fridays from 1-3 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:30-11:30 a.m. 772-462-6870
* Morningside Branch Library, 2410 SE Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie: Thursdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. - noon. 772-337-5632
* Mustard Seed Ministries (Fort Pierce), 3130 South US 1, Fort Pierce: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. 772-465-6021
* Mustard Seed Ministries (Port St. Lucie), 8311 South US 1, Port St. Lucie: Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. 772-340-1406
* Port St. Lucie Community Center, 2195 SE Airoso Blvd., Port St. Lucie: Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. 772-344-4302