President Trump is going to be in town for his sixth visit to the Winter White House. This time his guest is going to be Chinese President Xi Jinping who is staying at Eau Palm Beach Resort and Spa in Manalapan.
The meeting next week with China will be a very difficult one in that we can no longer have massive trade deficits...
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 30, 2017
There are going to be tense conversations so the Chinese President will probably want to venture out of his swanky resort to see the Palm Beaches best Chinese offerings. So why not try and bump into him? After all the First Lady went to the Morikami Museum with the Japanese delegation when they were in town.
1) Chinese Lantern Festival - Boca Raton - Now through Sunday
Illuminated figures of over 800 lanterns direct from China (now through Sunday).
• Tickets start at $12.50 for children and $22 for adults
• Sunset Cove Amphitheater
• 5:30 p.m.- 10:00 p.m. (Runs through Sunday)
CLICK HERE for up to date event info.
2) Norton Art Museum - West Palm Beach - Free
The Museum's World-Class Collection of Chinese Art has about 600 pieces, with a fraction of that on view due to the Museum’s expansion project (photos in the gallery above).
CLICK HERE to get more info.
3) The Four Arts Botanical Gardens - Palm Beach - Free
One of the gardens is Chinese themed. They are open seven days a week from 10 am - 5 pm.
CLICK HERE to get more info
4) Chinese Food? I asked on Facebook for suggestions and nobody could agree on the best Chinese food places, but here are the suggestions.