News

Actions

2 sent to hospital after house fire near Boynton Beach

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WPTV.png
Posted at 4:33 AM, Mar 02, 2017
and last updated 2017-03-02 15:49:15-05

Two people were taken to the hospital after a house fire early Thursday morning near Boynton Beach west of Hypoluxo.

The fire occurred just before 4 a.m. in the 2700 block of Hypoluxo Rd. in the Floral Park development, which is east of Congress Avenue.

Palm Beach County Fire Rescue Capt. Albert Borroto said when firefighters arrived heavy smoke was coming from the home, but all residents had already escaped.

Five people live at the home.  One of the victims is a 25-year-old woman, according to her roommate, James Machinski.

Crews extinguished the fire, and an investigator later determined the fire started from an unattended candle in a bedroom of the home.

The Red Cross is providing assistance to the five displaced residents.

Tokyo Olympics Medal Count as of late July 26, 2021