News

Actions

Fire affects residents in Okeechobee County

Posted at 10:20 AM, Jun 21, 2016

An overloaded extension cord and power strip caused a house fire in Okeechobee County Monday, according to Okeechobee County Fire Rescue.

Smoke and flames were coming from the residence at 3685 NW 8th Avenue in Whispering Pines as crews arrived.

It took about 15 minutes for firefighters to bring the fire in the wood-frame home under control, investigators said.

The Red Cross is helping the residents affected by the fire.