The Okeechobee County Sheriff’s Office said 21 people were arrested at the four-day Okeechobee Music and Arts Festival held last week.
Spokeswoman Michele Bell said in a news release that despite amnesty boxes and warnings not to bring illegal narcotics into the event, a variety of illegal drugs were still confiscated.
Below is a list of illegal items that were confiscated by law enforcement from amnesty boxes, vehicles and people attending the festival:
- 6 pounds hydroponic marijuana
- 150 hits of LSD
- 50 capsules of Molly
- 150 paraphernalia items such as pipes bongs and marijuana grinders
- 1 ounce of marijuana resin
- 200 pre-rolled marijuana cigarettes
- 30 LSD dip cigarettes
- 2 pounds of edible marijuana cookies and brownies etc.
- 14 g of cocaine HCl
- 12 g of meth
- 100 hits of Ecstasy
- 25 marijuana candies like gummy bears
- 10 g of liquid LSD
- 10 g of powder mollies
- Five sets of digital scales
- 1 1/2 ounce mushrooms
- 57 nitrous oxide whippets
- Various prescription medication such as Xanax and oxycodone
Bell said all numbers are only estimates.
“We welcome anyone that travels to Okeechobee for the musicfest and encourage them to enjoy the festival, however we will do all we can to eliminate as many drugs coming into Okeechobee County. With the help of assisting agencies, the weekend searches resulted in a large amount of narcotics taken off the streets. I’d like to thank the St. Lucie County Sheriff’s Office, Highlands County Sheriff’s Office, Osceola County Sheriff’s Office, Florida Department of Law Enforcement(FDLE), Federal Bureau of Investigations(FBI) and Okeechobee City Police Department,” said Sheriff Noel E. Stephen in a written statement.