Protesters from Palm Beach to the Treasure Coast are preparing for a rally against All Aboard Florida.
The controversial project is set to bring high speed rail service from Miami to Orlando starting in 2017.
Protesters will gather at 6 locations along the east coast of Florida starting at 11 a.m.
One of the organizations that will be rallying, Citizens Against Rail Expansion in Florida, says that profits are being put above safety when it comes to all aboard Florida.
They say that the 32 daily high speed trains coming through neighborhoods on a daily basis pose a danger - with hazardous chemicals being transported in a daily basis.
Opponents also say the rail will cause more accidents, and drive down property values.
Supporters of the rail say it will ease congestion and help the economy -to the tune of 10,000 jobs.
Here's where those protests will be taking place in our area:
- Vero Beach: Twin Pairs Crossings (20th St and 19th St)
- Ft. Pierce: Yacht Club - Indian River and Seaway Drives
- Stuart: Indian Street and U.S. 1
- Palm Beach County: Northlake Blvd & Alt. A1A
- Palm Beach County: Indiantown Rd & Alt. A1A