STUART, Fla. -- The historic Clifton Guest and Fishing Lodge is moving.
Built in 1915 by prolific Stuart builder Sam Matthews.
The building itself has been placed on a barge and is being floated on the St. Lucie river to a new location about 1,500 feet away from its current home at 41 S.E. Seminole Street.
The relocation is part of an effort to preserve the past while making way for the construction of the new riverfront Seminole Bluff complex.