ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- Five finalists are vying to be Florida's next Teacher of the Year.
The winner will be announced Thursday during an annual award gala at Universal Studios Orlando.
The finalists are:
- Katelyn Fiori from Vero Beach Elementary School
- Mathematics teacher Tammy Jerkins from Leesburg High School
- Exceptional education teacher Diego Fuentes from Hillcrest School in Marion County
- Michael Miller from Kissimmee Elementary School
- Math teacher Vanessa Ko from Palm Harbor Middle School
In May when she was named a finalist, Fiori received a $5,000 check, a $500 Macy’s Gift Card and Vero Beach Elementary School received a $1,000 check.
The Teacher of the Year winner will receive $25,000 from the Florida Department of Education and Macy's, as well as an all-expense-paid trip for four to New York City to attend the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Macy's also is providing the winner with a $1,000 clothing allowance.
Each finalist's school also will receive $1,000 from Macy's.