Summer is finally over, and that means West Palm Beach's GreenMarket returns Saturday, Oct. 1, for its 22nd season.
The waterfront farmer's market will have 82 vendors this year, 15 of which are new to the scene. Many fan favorites will be returning to offer fresh produce, plants and flowers, baked goods, gourmet and specialty foods and more. Click here for a list of vendors.
The West Palm Beach GreenMarket will be open every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., except for one day in March (Palm Beach International Boat Show) and April 29 and May 6 (SunFest).
As in past years, parking will be free during market hours at the Banyan Blvd. and Evernia Street city garages. For those who prefer to nap on Saturday afternoons, unlimited mimosas will be available for $10.
New this year is a Farmers in Training Program, designed to inspire students to learn about growing their own food.
Last winter the West Palm GreenMarket got a bit of celebrity panache with a visit by domestic diva Martha Stewart. Keep your eyes peeled as you never know who you might see.
Share your photos with us by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via Twitter or Instagram by tagging @WPTV.
Other area farmers markets are also already running or returning:
- On Saturday, Oct. 15, the Lake Worth Farmer's Market reopens at Old Bridge Park across the street from the municipal beach.
- On Sunday, Oct. 25, the Jupiter Farmer's Market opens at El Sol, 201 Coastal Way in Jupiter.
- The Vero Beach Farmers' Market Oceanside also runs year round every Saturday from 8-noon on Ocean Drive, across the street from Humiston Park.
- The Downtown Fort Pierce Farmers' Market runs year round on Saturdays from 8-noon in Marina Square on Melody Lane.
- The Stuart Green Market is open Sundays from 9-1 in the Stuart City Hall parking lot.
- Palm City's Green Market is open Saturdays year round from 9-2 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church on Martin Downs Blvd.
- The Wellington Green Market returns on Oct. 22, Saturdays from 9-1 at 12100 Forest Hill Blvd. next to the Wellington Amphitheater.
Know about a farmers market we missed? Email us here and let us know!