The domestic violence case against the mayor of Royal Palm Beach is over. It was announced Monday morning that charges against Fred Pinto were not filed.
He did not attend a court hearing in the case.
"The state has agreed after further clarification that this was an unfortunate misunderstanding of a non-criminal nature and a no file has been entered," Pinto's attorney John Howe said.
The 67-year-old Pinto previously admitted to getting into a heated argument with his wife. He said he tried to push her from a door, but did not hit her and she was not hurt.
Story updated to reflect charges were not filed in the case.
— Stephanie Susskind (@StephanieWPTV) December 18, 2017