News

Actions

Wyoming home damaged by exploding Dorothy Lynch salad dressing bottle

Posted: 7:21 AM, Nov 08, 2016
Updated: 2016-11-08 07:24:20-05

(KTWO/CNN) - A resident in Wyoming was preparing a meal at her friend's house when her salad dressing bottle exploded.

RELATED: More recall news

“I heard pop, pop, pop. I looked up, it was possessed. It was going crazy. It was shooting up in the air, to the side," said Divel McLean.

McLean said her Dorothy Lynch salad dressing bottle exploded.

 

“It sounded like a firecracker going off in the house. How loud was this? Sound effects. Real loud," McLean said.

She snapped pictures for proof after the big pop, knowing that no one would believe her story.

"Well it's hard to explain, I was attacked by a bottle of salad dressing. He probably thought I was in the whiskey or something," McLean said.

It wasn't until later when she found out that her dressing had been recalled.  In a statement, Dorothy Lynch said bacteria in their product is bubbling and causing the dressing to foam or even spew out.

She estimates $2,500 in total destruction with damage to the carpet, the walls, a computer and her dress.

“From just a $3 bottle of dressing. From the depths of my toes, to the top of my head. I will never eat Dorothy Lynch again. That stuff is crazy," McLean said.

Courtesy KTWO via CNN Newsource