News

Actions

VIDEO: E-cigarette explodes in man's pocket

Posted at 9:58 AM, Feb 24, 2016
and last updated 2016-02-24 09:58:43-05

(WFIE/NBC NEWSCHANNEL) An Owensboro, Kentucky man was hospitalized Saturday after an e-cigarette battery exploded in his pocket.

Surveillance video shows Josh Hamilton was standing in line at the Quality Quick gas station, waiting to be checked out when the battery exploded.

Hamilton rushed past an employee, went outside the door, and struggled to take his burning pants off.

An employee behind the counter grabbed a fire extinguisher and put the fire out.
 
Another customer drove Hamilton to Owensboro Health Regional Hospital for second degree burns on his leg.

Read more: http://bit.ly/1VEbV1P