E-cigarette explosion knocks out man's teeth, burns his neck and face

Posted at 4:01 PM, Jan 19, 2017
and last updated 2017-01-19 16:02:21-05

WARNING, Some photos might be disturbing

KPVI, NBC NEWSCHANNEL) A Pocatello, Idaho man is recovering from second degree burns and the loss of several teeth after his e-cigarette exploded.

Saturday morning Andrew Hall woke up to get ready for work. Before getting into the shower he took a puff from his vape pen, and then the unthinkable happened. The device exploded in his mouth.

Hall suffered severe burns to his neck and face. He lost nine teeth, two on impact and seven during surgery.

Andrew's mother Angalee says her son has only been vaping for a year.

"I love my son very much and all my grandkids, and I'm the one that heard them cry and say, 'Where's dad?' All they saw was his mouth blown up and all the blood," she says of the incident.

Right now, Andrew can’t eat solid food and will have to get his teeth replaced 

Read more: