POMPANO BEACH, Fla. — (NBC) - Video this month of a South Florida boy getting trapped inside a cooler has prompted a nationwide recall.
On March 2, a surveillance camera at a Pompano Beach home showed a young boy named Nicholas Wanes climb into a cooler. That's when the lid suddenly shut and the latch closed, trapping the boy inside.
Luckily his parents were nearby, heard his screams and were quick to react. They were able to quickly free the 5-year-old boy from the cooler, and he was not hurt.
On March 8, Igloo voluntarily recalled all Igloo Marine Elite coolers with stainless-steel ability to lock latches.
Below is a list of the coolers under the recall:
- Igloo® Marine Elite 72 quart; Item #00049375
- Igloo® Marine Elite 54 quart; Item #00049374
- Igloo® Marine Elite 94 quart; Item #00049574
- Igloo® Marine Elite 110 quart; Item #00034108
- Igloo® Marine Elite 150 quart; Item #00049573
- Igloo® Lockable Latch; Item #00020087
Courtesy NBC News Channel