Some grated cheese brands are being recalled nationwide due to concerns of possible salmonella contamination.
The recall involves 4C Grated Cheese, Homestyle Grated Cheese and Cento Grated Cheese Brands.
No illnesses have been reported but 4C Food Corporation is voluntarily recalling the products out of an abundance of caution after FDA testing revealed the cheeses may be at risk.
This recall was of a nationwide distribution and includes the following products, which were packed in 6 oz. vacuum-sealed glass jars, with best by dates between Nov. 12, 2016 and Nov. 12, 2018 and packaged in cases of either 6 or 12 jars per case:
- 4C All Natural Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-33126)
- 4C All Natural Parmesan/Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-37126)
- 4C All Natural 100% Imported Italian Pecorino Romano Cheese (UPC 41387-77126)
- 4C HomeStyle All Natural Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-32790)
- 4C HomeStyle All Natural Parmesan/Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-11627)
- 4C HomeStyle All Natural 100% Imported Italian Pecorino Romano Cheese (UPC 41387-12302)
- Cento Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 70796-90502)
- Cento Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 70796-90501)
Contact 4C Foods Corp. at 866-969-1920 Monday to Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Eastern Time) with questions.