Hello, Wellington! Thank you for welcoming the Joe DiMaggio Children’s Health Specialty Center to your community!
We are a specialized healthcare provider that compliments the level of care that local pediatricians offer in those situations where more complex treatments, services, and procedures are required. We’ve brought expertise to Wellington in areas where area doctors, community partners, and our own patients have confirmed there are needs:
* Endocrinology – Treats conditions related to a child’s growth and development, including juvenile diabetes, height and weight issues, and hormonal imbalance
* Pulmonology – Treats conditions related to a child’s lungs and sleep disorders, including asthma, bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, breathing disorders, and sleep apnea
* Otolaryngology – Treats conditions related to a child’s ear, nose and throat, including ear infections, hearing loss, and voice disorders.
* Orthopedics – Treats conditions related to a child’s muscular and skeletal systems, including birth defects, scoliosis, club foot, hip disorders, and limb deformities * U18 Sports Medicine treats sports-related injuries, including concussions, fractures, sprains, and strains
* Neurology – Treats conditions related to a child’s brain, spinal cord, and nerves, including epilepsy, brain and spinal tumors, brain and spinal injuries, stroke, and multiple sclerosis
* General surgery – Treats conditions related to surgical intervention and post-surgical monitoring, including procedures for cancer, chest wall deformity, and newborn complications
What this means is that families in Palm Beach county no longer need to travel long distances to access the highest quality pediatric specialty care, comprehensive imaging, outpatient surgery, or rehabilitation services. We are right here in our brand-new building, on 441 between Lake Worth Road and Forest Hill Boulevard to serve the needs of families in the community.
While we’re just getting started in Wellington, we have a more than 25-year track record as one of the region’s leading pediatric healthcare providers. Part of the Memorial Healthcare System, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, a 226-bed facility in Hollywood, offers a comprehensive scope of services and programs in a child and family-friendly atmosphere. We emphasize the healing “Power of Play” in our care philosophy, an approach to child and family-centered care that has earned us recognition as the first pediatric facility in the world to receive Planetree’s Person-Centered Organization designation. Additionally, two pediatric specialty offices in Boca Raton provide services convenient to patients in south Palm Beach and northern Broward counties.
Thank you for allowing us to introduce ourselves. We are honored to be here! We invite you to join us Saturday, March 16 at our more than 30,000 square foot facility for an Open House that will be an opportunity to tour the specialty center, meet our team, and take part in family-friendly activities.
We’re excited about being a neighbor of yours in Wellington and look forward to a long-standing relationship with your family.
# # #
Caitlin Beck Stella, MPH is CEO of Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital.