This Saturday, June 30, Disney's Hollywood Studios is opening a new section of the theme park called 'Toy Story Land.'
The new attraction is designed to give guests the sensation of shrinking to the size of a toy as they explore Andy's backyard as they see their favorite larger than life 'Toy Story' characters. Even Andy's footprint is there, 25 feet long, or the equivalent to a size 240 shoe!
A Disney spokesperson told me this part of the park is on all new land and it blends in flawlessly with the existing Toy Story Mania ride.
Slinky Dog Dash - Is a family-friendly coaster as Slinky Dog's coils twist around curves, hills, and small drops. You have to be 38 inches or taller to ride.
Alien Swirling Saucers - Board a flying saucer and hang on tight as the Aliens take you on a spin through space. Guests must be 32 inches or taller to ride.
Sarge and the Green Army Man Drum Corps will be marching several times a day through 'Toy Story Land.'
Weezy - The squeaky toy penguin serenades guests with "You Got A Friend In Me."
Woody's Lunch Box - Quick-service food restaurant open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (see menu below).
Midway Games - The 4D attraction takes guest through five unique games.
Fun Facts about Toy Story Land
— T.A. Walker (@timallanwalker) June 28, 2018
- More than 400 toy blocks fill Andy’s backyard.
- It would take a Green Army Man roughly 12 steps just to travel the length of one of Andy’s shoeprints.
- You would need a backpack the size of a school bus to carry the Buzz and Woody figures that tower over Toy Story Land.
- The weight of the Slinky Dog Dash track and support columns weighs almost as much as 125,000 gallons of milk.
- Together Rex and the Jenga Tower are as tall as 7½ Green Army Men standing on top of one another.
On The Menu at Andy's Lunch Box
- S’more French Toast breakfast sandwich. Oozy goodness in a chocolate ganache- and marshmallow-stuffed French toast topped with graham cracker crumbles. Inspired by the classic American campfire treat.
- Grilled three-cheese sandwich. To ensure a soft gooey middle, Disney chefs created a sharp cheddar cream cheese spread, layered in provolone and cheddar and wrapped the sandwich in garlic butter-grilled French bread.
- BBQ brisket melt. With a nod to cowboy Woody, this Texas-style smoked brisket features cheddar, Monterey Jack, pickles, BBQ sauce and garlic butter-grilled sourdough.
- Totchos. Bite-sized potato barrels, corn chips, chili and queso. ‘Nuf said.
- Lunch box tarts. A modern interpretation of a breakfast toaster pastry as a hand-held dessert, these feature a uniquely delicate crust. Layer in high-quality ingredients for fillings, add a decorative garnish, and these tasty tarts beat anything mom packed. Choice of Raspberry Lunch Box Tart garnished with Icing and Dried Fruit and Chocolate-Hazelnut Lunch Box Tart garnished with Icing and Caramelized Bacon
- Smoked turkey, tomato, and lettuce on multigrain bread. The quintessential lunch box sandwich. To give it a kick of flavor, Disney chefs add a creamy Dijonnaise.
- Banana Split Yogurt Parfait. Layers of banana-vanilla Greek yogurt (with a hint of honey), fresh bananas, strawberries, and pineapple topped with granola and chocolate chips. A delicious way to start the day!
- Other healthy options available at Disney’s Hollywood Studios include fresh fruits and vegetables, salads, and grilled meats and fish.
Also, fairly new to Hollywood Studios is the new BaseLine Tap House and the new Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Fireworks.