Recipe from the "Deliciously Lite Menu" at TooJay’s
YIELD: 10 Servings
* 2 lbs. Tomatoes - washed and cored.
* 2 lbs. Cucumbers washed and scored on 4 sides
* 2 oz. Red Onion Slices cut in quarters
* 1/2 Tbs. Sugar
* Lemon Juice
* 3/4 tsp Granulated Garlic
* 2 tsp. Salt
* 1 tsp. Black Pepper
* ¾ Cup Low Calorie Italian Dressing
* 2 1/2 Tbs. fresh Dill, minced
* Place the tomatoes core side down on the wedger placed on a sheet pan to cut.
* Cut each wedge in half widthwise.
* Cut one end off of each cucumber.
* Place each cucumber with the flat side on the blade.
* Slice all cucumbers ¼” thick.
* Stack cucumber slices 3 high on cutting board and cut each slice in quarters.
* In a large stainless steel bowl add tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, sugar, lemon juice, granulated garlic, salt, pepper and dill.
* Add Italian dressing and stir until all ingredients are well blended.
* Place salad in a storage container with a lid and refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours to allow for proper marinating.