This recipe is so easy and I love making this for a crowd. We entertain often and our guests don’t want me slaving over the stove to feed them but this easy breakfast is so full of color and flavor that everyone is thrilled to enjoy this dish. The peppery addition of the rocket really brings this dish to life.
• 8 slices smoked salmon
• 12 large eggs
• 1/4 cup coconut milk (from a can)
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 2 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
• 2 cups fresh rocket (arugula)
1. Take the smoked salmon and chop then set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl whisk eggs then add in coconut milk, salt and pepper to combine. Add in chopped smoked salmon.
3. Preheat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add in coconut oil or ghee and let melt.
4. Add in eggs and salmon and let cook for about 1 minute then use a wooden spoon to stir. After 3 minutes add in the rocket and let cook until the eggs have come together but still a little wet, about 5-7 minutes. (They will continue cooking).
5. Remove from heat and when ready to serve just bring the pan to the table!
Cindy’s Tip! There are many smoked salmon packages to select from. I love going to my local fish market to get the best and freshest smoked salmon.