Soy & Rosemary Chicken Skewers
• 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs; cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
• 3 garlic cloves; minced
• ¼ cup red wine vinegar
• ¼ cup tamari soy sauce
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 6 - 10 sturdy rosemary sprigs; leaves on bottom half removed
• 1 teaspoon rosemary; chopped
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the garlic, vinegar, soy sauce and chopped rosemary. Whisk in the olive oil. Set aside ¼ cup of the marinade for the slaw.
2. Add the chicken to the marinade. Mix well, cover, refrigerate, and marinate for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
3. Remove the chicken from marinade and thread the pieces onto the rosemary skewers. Discard the marinade.
4. Grill over medium coals or roast in a 375F oven for 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Collard Green & Radish Slaw
• 1 bunch collard greens (about 10 ounces), center ribs and stems removed, thinly sliced crosswise
• 6 small radishes, trimmed, sliced thin
• ¼ cup soy marinade; above
1. In a mixing bowl, toss collard greens with marinade and crushed red pepper if desired. Let marinate for at least 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
2. Toss in the shaved radish and adjust seasoning when ready to serve.