Roasted Corn, Aged Cheddar and Spiced Bacon Flatbread
Inspired by Seasons 52
· 1 thin-crust flatbread or pizza dough
· 1 tablespoon of olive oil
· ¼ cup of parmesan, shredded
· ¼ cup of mozzarella, shredded
· ¼ cup of aged white cheddar cheese, shredded
· ½ cup of chili-rubbed, grilled corn, cut from the cob
· 12, 1” pieces of cooked bacon
· 2T chives, sliced
· 2T sour cream
· Juice of ½ lime
· Baking Tray
· Pizza Stone
Roasted Chili-Corn Procedure
· Mix lime juice and chili powder in a small bowl. Brush fresh ear of corn with mixture.
· Grill corn for 2-3 minutes on each side on medium to high heat.
· Take off heat and allow to cool, then cut off the kernels with a long, sharp knife. Set aside.
· Preheat oven with pizza stone to 450°F. (or recommended temperature on package)
· Place dough on the back of a baking tray and brush with olive oil.
· Top with Parmesan, mozzarella and cheddar cheeses, followed by corn and bacon.
· Slide flatbread onto preheated pizza stone in the oven.
· Bake until crisp and golden brown.
· Remove from oven. Top with a squeeze of lime, then garnish with chopped chives and a drizzle of sour cream.
· Slice into triangles and serve alongside your favorite glass of wine. Seasons 52 recommends Vanderpump Dry Rosé or a rosé cocktail like Seasons 52’s Rosé Sangria.
Recipe serves four as an appetizer.