Recipe for Zucchini Tagliatelle with Pesto
· 5 medium zucchini, cut tagliatelle-style
· 7 oz almonds or pine nuts (soak them overnight in advance)
· 11 oz green cabbage, shredded
· 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
· 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
· 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
· 1/2 cup basil leaves
· Salt and pepper
Combine the nuts, oil, vinegar, nutritional yeast and basil in a food processor or blender to make your pesto. Set aside.
Slice zucchini with a peeler, mix with salt and let stand for 10 minutes. Rinse well and pat dry. Combine zucchini tagliatelle with pesto and mix well. Plate alongside cabbage, serve and enjoy! Bon appétit!
-Chef Alex Cheblal