Poached Shrimp Salad (serves 2)
- 1 head Boston Bibb lettuce - root removed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup small radish, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 6 heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/2 avocado, pit and peel removed
- 2 soft boiled eggs, shell removed and cut in half
- 8 poached shrimp, peeled and deveined,
- 1 TB Dijon mustard
- 1TB shallot, minced
- 1 oz champagne vinegar
- 1 oz XVOO
- salt and pepper to taste
For the soft boiled egg: Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil, add the eggs, and cook for 9 minutes. Place them in an ice bath and let sit several minutes. Peel the eggs and set aside.
For the vinaigrette: Combine mustard, shallot, and champagne vinegar. Whisk together, then slowly add in the XVOO while continuing to whisk. Set aside.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine the lettuce, radish, red onion, and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and toss with the vinaigrette.
Arrange on a plate and sprinkle the crumbled feta over the top of the salad. Garnish with avocado slices, and soft boiled egg. Place shrimp around the greens and spoon a small amount of vinaigrette over.