For the Glaze:
1 C Red miso paste
1 C Sake
¼ C rice wine vinegar
¼ C Dark sesame oil
2 Tbsp Sriracha
½ C Tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
8 oz Turbinado sugar
2 T fresh ginger finely minced
2 T garlic finely minced
2 x 14 oz packages Firm Tofu drained well
1. Place the garlic, ginger and tamari into a blender and puree until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
2. Cut the drained tofu into 1” x 1” pieces and place into a mixing bowl. Add 2 Tbsp of the glaze to the mixing bowl and gently toss to evenly coat the tofu with the glaze.
3. Remove the glazed tofu from the bowl and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, making sure not to have any excess glaze on the pan or it will burn.
4. Bake @ 500 degrees F approx. 8-12 minutes until the tofu is a golden brown color with nicely caramelized edges.
5. Remove the cooked tofu from the oven and place into a clean mixing bowl. Add ½ c of tofu glaze to the cooked tofu, toss and serve.