Corned Beef Brisket, Raw 3-4 pounds
Chicken Stock, Low Sodium As needed
Cabbage (cut into 1/4s with core in place) 1 Large Head
Baby Carrots 3/4 pound
Potatoes, Red (cut in half) 1 pounds
1. In a large pot, cover brisket with low sodium chicken stock.
2. Over high heat, bring the brisket to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
3. Simmer covered for 1.5 hours adding a little water if needed as the corned beef cooks.
4. Next, add the all vegetables and simmer for another 2.5 hours or until tender.
5. Carefully remove brisket and let rest on a cutting board for 15 minutes.
6. With your best carving knife, slice brisket across the grain and serve with vegetables and a little bit of stock ladled over each plate
Sauce Suggestions: Horseradish Sauce, Dijon, or a good Whole Grain Mustard
Utensils: Large stock pot, slicer knife, cutting board.