Recipe courtesy of Brittani Szczecina, Executive Pastry Chef at Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa
Yield: 1 dozen cookies
- 191 g butter
- 71 g powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- Green and brown food coloring
- Green sugar (mix in a couple drops of food coloring)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Cream the butter and powdered sugar together in a 5-quart mixer
- Mix in the vanilla extract and all-purpose flour
- Mix in green food coloring to most of the dough, and brown food coloring to just a little bit. Keep colors separate.
- Chill dough
- Roll dough into balls, and then roll in green sugar. Place into tree shapes, using piece of brown-colored dough to make tree trunk, and green-colored dough for the rest of the tree.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, and let cool. Decorate with icing, sprinkles, etc.