Chicken Schnitzel on Arugula Salad with Lemon-Balsamic Dressing (Serves 4)
Four 8-oz. chicken breasts salt and pepper
One cup flour
1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese 3 eggs
1⁄2 cup water
4 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
1. Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Pound until evenly thin. Season well with salt and pepper.
2. Zest lemons and set aside. Save juice for dressing.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix flour with grated cheese.
4. In another bowl, mix eggs and water.
5. In a third bowl, mix breadcrumbs with lemon zest.
6. Dredge chicken in flour-cheese mix, then in egg mix to coat. Dredge in breadcrumb mixture. 7. Set aside in refrigerator.
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 1⁄2 cups extra virgin olive oil 2 cloves garlic
1 oz. Sriracha sauce salt and pepper
1. Put all ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend until smooth and creamy.
1 lb. mushrooms
1 med. sweet onion
1 lb. baby arugula
1. Slice mushrooms. Slice radishes thin using a mandolin.
2. Slice onion thin.
3. In a large mixing bowl, toss all ingredients.
4. Drizzle with Lemon-Balsamic Dressing.
4 jumbo eggs
2 tbsp. clarified butter
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil 1 lemon
1. Fry eggs sunny side up. Set aside; keep warm.
2. Over medium heat, pan fry the schnitzel in clarified butter and extra virgin olive oil. Cook about 3 minutes on the first side, or until golden brown.
3. Turn and finish cooking for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. Place schnitzel on a dinner plate and squeeze fresh lemon on top.
5. Place dressed salad on top of schnitzel.
6. Top with a warm egg.