Chef Erik of Evo Italian restaurant has a recipe for scallops.
1lb U-10 Diver Scallops
¼ Cup of Herbs de Provence (garden chopped herbs)
Salt and Pepper
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
Hydro Baby Arugula Salad (see recipe below)
1. Dry the scallops by gently pressing between two dishtowels. Let them sit at room temperature for 10 min while towels absorb moisture.
2. Season with Herbs de Provence, salt, and pepper.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a 12-inch nonstick pan over high heat until just smoking. Place each scallop into the pan flat side down and cook without moving until well browned, about 1 1/2 min.
4. Add butter to pan.
5. Using tongs, flip scallops and continue to cook.
6. Use a large spoon to baste scallops with melted butter until the sides of the scallops are firm. About 45 seconds.
7. Plate with Hydro Arugula Salad and serve immediately.
Hydro Arugula Salad with Orange-Lime Vinaigrette
2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
1 small shallot, minced
1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
1/8 Teaspoon red pepper flake
4 Tablespoons olive oil
Hyrdo Baby Arugula
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine orange juice, lime juice, shallots, cilantro, and red pepper flakes. Whisk in olive oil and season with salt to taste.
2. Dress your hydro baby arugula and serve with scallops.