RECIPE: BABY BACK RIBS
* 2 racks of baby back ribs
* 2 tablespoons of canola oil
* 2 cups of BBQ sauce of your choice
* 2 tablespoons of kosher salt
* 2 tablespoons of cracked pepper
* 1 tablespoon of granulated garlic powder
* 1 tablespoon of granulated onion powder
* You can find prepared and cut racks of ribs at your local butcher or grocery store. If you have a full rack of ribs, we suggest you cut them in half if you're cooking in an oven in your home kitchen or on a standard gas grill.
* Season ribs with salt, pepper, granulated onion powder and granulated garlic powder.
* Lay ribs meat-side up on a baking sheet with an elevated edge. Add one cup of water and cover the sheet pan completely in aluminum foil.
* Bake in 325-degree oven for approx. 2 ½ hours or until meat is tender enough to be pulled from the bone.
* Chill the baby back ribs in the refrigerator for about one hour so that the meat doesn't fall apart.
* Apply canola oil to grill grates and heat to medium-high.
* Place ribs on grill meat-side up.
* Grill for approx. 4 minutes.
* Flip so meat-side is down, and grill for 4 minutes. Apply BBQ sauce to the back of the ribs.
* Flip ribs one more time and baste meat side with BBQ sauce.
* Turn grill off and let ribs rest for 2 minutes, then brush with BBQ sauce before cutting them into 1- and 2-bone pieces.
* Serve with remaining BBQ sauce on the side for dipping.
Recipe serves four.
I also wanted to share the information regarding LongHorn's Grill Us Hotline below in case you can add it on-screen during the segment or on the website. We completely understand if you're not able to do so, but wanted to provide this information, just in case!
GRILL US HOTLINE
LongHorn Steakhouse is opening its Grill Us Hotline this Labor Day to share its expertise and passion for grilling. The restaurant's certified Grill Masters will be available via phone on Monday, Sept. 3, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Eastern to provide expert grilling tips just in time for holiday grill-outs. Tips are accessible through the following methods:
Grill Us Hotline: Open on Monday, Sept. 3, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Eastern, dial 1-855-LH-GRILL
Social Media: Chat live with an expert on LongHorn Steakhouse's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram [instagram.com] when using #LHGrillMaster.