We’ve all heard that “April showers bring May flowers,” but did you know they can help you look better, too?
Everyone thinks taking a shower is just to get clean. That’s important, but you can also use the time to treat yourself. Use that “shower power” before you towel off, and try these products that will amp up your beauty routine.
1. Give your skin a boost in the comfort of your steamy shower from a new prestige skincare line, called nyakio™. Founder Nyakio Kamoche Grieco, a first-generation American of Kenyan descent, uses ethically and sustainably sourced, indigenous ingredients. Her Chinese Rice Exfoliating Cleansing Powder gently polishes away dead skin cells and dullness to help reveal fresh, healthy skin. Chinese Rice Powder is coated with nourishing Shea Butter and detoxifying African Black Soap to provide soft, smooth, brighter-looking skin. You can purchase this product at www.ulta.com/brand/nyakio .
2. Using an exfoliating scrub in the shower is quick and easy, and citrus essential oils are famous for giving your senses a pick-me-up. A Girl's Gotta Spa! Energizing Citrus Salt Scrub contains both Dead Sea Salt to exfoliate and avocado oil to hydrate, so you can skip the moisturizer. Skin will be smooth, glowing and soft with the antioxidant properties of Green Tea, which help to combat free radicals. You can purchase it at
3. All hair types could use a deep conditioner formulated by a local resident from The Palm Beaches. Caviar Silk – Silking Deep Conditioner by Natural Kerr is a creamy formula that instantly rehabilitates your hair by infusing healing natural nutrients from plant botanicals and oils. Seventeen amino acids found in caviar extract get to work, as the reconstructive formulation infuses your hair with hydration. You can purchase this product at the Natural Hair Spa at 6177 Jog Road in Lantana, Florida, or by visiting www.naturalkerr.com .
4. Whether you blame the sun or your shampoo, anyone that has ever colored their hair knows that the fresh-from-the-salon vibrancy doesn’t last forever. DESSANGE Professional Hair Luxury Salon Color Restore Color Correcting Crème, specifically formulated for brunette colored hair, instantly reverses unwanted ginger and orange tones to preserve the intensity and depth of salon colored brown hair -- so you can save yourself (and your wallet) a trip to the colorist. You can purchase it at http://bit.ly/2or2Anf .
5. Make the steam from your shower go to work with a heat-activated deep conditioner from White Sands, called ER Fusion. It helps to prevent and heal dryness and breakage, while intensely softening all hair types. Best of all? Since this heat activated treatment deeply replenishes hair from the inside out, the conditioner helps to create results lasting up to 30 days after each use. You can purchase it at http://www.whitesandsproducts.com/Products/Detail.aspx?pid=117 .
6. Have you heard of “hair care mixcology?" ShampYou by Ulta lets you create your own personalized hair care cocktail -- in a shampoo -- with color-specific hair products. Choose one of the scented base blends, then two SuperSerums based on your hair color and texture. Shake up the mixture, then finish with a conditioner. You can purchase this product at www.ulta.com/brand/shampyou .
For more beauty tips and product recommendations, subscribe to Beauty News with Angela Cruz at
and follow @AngelaCruzTube.
Submitted by Beauty News with Angela Cruz: www.angela-cruz.com