When preparing your pool for a hurricane, there are many steps to take before the storm.
- First, make sure your water level is good. Don't drain any extra water out.
- Then, superchlorinate the water in your pool. You can do this by using liquid chlorine, granular chlorine, or a long term algacide.
- Then let your pool run for a few hours.
- If you have a baby fence around your pool, take it down.
- After superchlorinating your pool water, turn your pump off. Turn the breaker off in case of a power surge.
- If the pump is on a low level, place a garbage bag over the pump after it cools.
- Do not put pool toys or furniture in your pool.
- Once the storm clears, make sure to clear out all the debris from your pool as soon as possible. Use nets or other devices.
- Then, add granular or liquid chlorine to the pool and then turn the motor back on.